top of page
Ammons is a Magnet School of MDCPS and students must apply during the application window in the fall of the year prior to the year you hope to attend (Begins October 1 and ends January 15th). Applications are subject to a random lottery drawing. You will be notified of acceptance in Mid-March (March 15th).
*** Do not to submit your applications until you are 100% sure of your selections. The lottery process is not based on a first-come, first-serve basis, therefore submission dates do NOT affect or improve your random selection results.
• Students may apply for 6th and 7th grade only.
• Students may have one area of weakness and still be a qualified applicant. Having two areas of weakness defers the applicant, who may apply again for admission in 7th grade.
• Academic grade of “C” or higher in all subjects
• Effort scores of 1 or 2 only, no 3’s
• Conduct grade of “C” or above in all subjects
• More than 10 absences per school year will be reviewed on an individual basis
• Two or more conduct referrals are reviewed on an individual basis
• Grades are evaluated from current and previous years
• All secondary International Baccalaureate programs have minimum eligibility requirements due to the high expectations and rigor of the Middle Years and Diploma Programs
• Applications are due January 15th at 11:59pm
• Response letters go out electronically in March 15th
If accepted, there is a two week deadline to inform the school of acceptance AND come in to Ammons Middle School to SIGN THE DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE AND COMPLETE YOUR CHILD'S REGISTRATION PAPERWORK!!!
bottom of page