Mobile Device Procedures
PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING A MOBILE DEVICE:
(Numbers 1 through 8 below are completed prior to receiving the laptop.)
1. Read the "2022 SUMMER - MOBILE DEVICES DISTRIBUTION" file at the bottom of this page. It is important that you read the document in its entirety.
2. You MUST read this entire page before requesting a device.
3. Complete and submit the Mobile Device Agreement Jotform by clicking here. Your signed form will be automatically emailed to Mr. David Wilson. You will also need to sign the Jotform located in the Parent Portal's Apps tab, under District Agreement.
4. Insurance is optional but highly recommended. Go to https://securranty.com/dadeschools to purchase the insurance. (Instructions on how to complete the online insurance form is located at the bottom of this page under "2022-2023 Purchase of Securranty Instructions". The technology fee will be waived if the insurance is purchased. For the insurance, select the first option for "Model": Lenovo and HP. Locate the school under Herbert A Ammons MS. (Instructions on how to complete the online insurance form is located at the bottom of this page under "2022-2023 Purchase of Securranty Instructions". Please read the section below the red link regarding models and pricing. You will need to create an account using the link on an email you will receive from Securranty. AFTER the policy has been purchased. Read your insurance policy to know what is covered. If you decide to opt out of the insurance, a parent MUST be the one to complete the Opt-Out form. (Please note that the technology fee is NOT insurance and that Recovery Costs are high.)
5. Pay the Technology Fee in cash. The fee is not more than $20. Please bring the fee in $5 bills to facilitate change if needed. The Technology Fee is NOT insurance. This fee will be waived if you can provide us with proof of insurance through Securranty. If you are paying the technology fee then you need to complete the Opt-Out of Insurance form.
6. A device will NOT be issued if your child already has a device from last year or from a previous school. A device will not be issued if the student still has pending obligations from previous devices.
7. Inspect the device package thoroughly upon receiving it. You will be responsible for any damages after you have accepted the device.
8. Devices are collected before the end of the school year. Laptops will be updated during the summer and students will be able to pick up a new device at the beginning of August. A financial obligation will be added to student accounts for device packages damaged or not returned on time.
Read the 2022 Summer - Mobile Devices Distribution file located below.
CLICK HERE AND ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AFTER YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR DEVICE: MOBILE DEVICE QUICK SURVEY
INSURANCE IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
Insurance is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended. Securranty is our new insurance carrier. See the "2021-2022 INSURANCE - SECURRANTY" file below for details and contact information.
Coverage is available for the following devices:
HP 210, ProBook 11G1, x360 (all gen) $24.95
Lenovo ThinkPad 11E (4th and 5th gen) $24.95
Please select the HP X360 option since this is the device we are distributing.
MDCPS has examined the need to insure mobile devices at a reasonable cost.
Securranty has been selected to establish an online portal to allow parents to purchase coverage for district devices that are checked out to their child.
Coverage can be purchased at https://securranty.com/dadeschools
Policies must be purchased through the link above and for the correct coverage. Students may be responsible for deductibles if the policy is not purchased through the link above and for a portion of the recovery fee if adequate coverage is not purchased.
Policies must be purchased within 30 days of check out.
Coverage is not available for devices that are already broken.
Parents are responsible for submitting claims within 30 days of damage or theft. Failure to do so will result in the parent being responsible for the recovery fee.
The serial number of the device checked out to your child will need to be updated on the policy if a laptop is exchanged. Contact Securranty to update the serial number. Failure to update the device serial number will result in a dismissal of claim.
PROCEDURES FOR RETURNING MOBILE DEVICES - May 2022
Please see the "Return of Mobile Devices May 2022" file below for instructions on how to return your device package. The file, with instructions for returning devices, has short videos in the presentation so be patient while the file downloads.
THE DEVICE PACKAGE NEEDS TO BE RETURNED TO THE SCHOOL, EVEN IF YOU ARE RETURNING THE FOLLOWING SCHOOL YEAR. THERE WILL BE A CHARGE POSTED TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR THE DEVICE AND CHARGER PACKAGE IF IT IS NOT RETURNED. PRICES WILL BE BASED UPON THE RECOVERY COSTS POSTED AND IS SUBJECT TO AN INCREASE IF THE DEVICE IS NOT RETURNED ON TIME. ADDITIONALLY, $4 DAILY LATE FINES WILL BE ASSESSED FOR THE UNTIMELY RETURN OF THE LAPTOP PACKAGE.
TO AVOID THESE FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS, PLEASE RETURN THE DEVICE PACKAGE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. YOU WILL BE ISSUED A RECEIPT IF THE THE DEVICE PACKAGE IS RETURNED UNDAMAGED AND WITHOUT MISSING COMPONENTS.
If your device is damaged/broken or missing parts, please return the package in its current condition to the media center. If you have insurance, tape a printout of the insurance policy and claim number to the tablet/laptop and any accessories. (If you are filing a claim, you may find the "How to file a claim with Securranty.pdf " helpful.) If the device is broken or missing parts, and you do not have proof of insurance and a claim number, you will be given a financial obligation. To avoid paying an increase in Recovery Costs, mobile device financial obligations need to be satisfied by no later than the end of the current school year.
Devices and/or accessories not returned will be considered lost and a replacement cost will be automatically assessed. (See the "Recovery Fees 2021-2022" file below.) Device packages returned late will be assessed a late fine, based on the number of days it is late.
Read and review the "Return of Mobile Devices May 2022" file below before returning the laptop package. Charge your laptop completely since it will need to be turned on upon return.
Email Mr. Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you have any questions or concerns.
2022 SUMMER - MOBILE DEVICES DISTRIBUTION.pdf
2022-2023 Acceptable Use Policy.pdf
2022-2023 MOBILE DEVICES AGREEMENT FORM FM7670-EN.pdf
2022-2023 MOBILE DEVICES AGREEMENT FORM FM7670-SP.pdf
2022-2023 MOBILE DEVICES AGREMENT FORM FM7670-CR.pdf
2022-2023 PURCHASE OF SECURRANTY INSTRUCTIONS.pdf
2022-2023 RECOVERY FEES.pdf
Add your Microsoft 365 email to the Mail app on your iPhone or iPad.pdf
BYOD Minimum Specifications.pdf
Hands Only CPR Fact Sheet.pdf
How to file a claim with Securranty.pdf
How to return - 10EE TABLET.mp4
How to return - HP 360x.mp4
How to return the Dell Laptop.mp4
How to return the Lenovo ThinkPad.mp4
RETURN OF MOBILE DEVICES MAY 2022.pdf
RETURN OF MOBILE DEVICES MAY 2022.pptx